April 22, 2009
Maybe you missed one of my most recent blogs or videos? or maybe you’re just dying to know what I’m working on right now? well, here’s your chance to find out.
Recent Posts. There hasn’t been many recent posts because I’ve been busy building my dog training business. I’ve also been working on a promotional video that is taking a lot longer than anticipated. But that doesn’t mean I’m not paying attention, so please be patient, I will have some soon. I helps when readers make comments or have questions about my posts. Thanks
1. YouTube- how to teach your dog to “Put away toys”. http://www.youtube.com/malibudogtraining.com
2. Fixing a dog Part 1 and 2
3. Don’t forget the dog: Why a well socialized/trained dog spends 45% more time with their owner
4. Learn about your dog: I’ve compiled a list of 5 “must read” books!. As your dog’s teacher, the best way to learn how top trainers are training dogs and teaching owners, is to read books that are recommended by top trainers.
5. Canine Cough: Things you should know about the most contagious virus for dogs
6. Your Dog’s Name: How not to over-use it, and the importance of creating an actual meaning for it.
7. Treat your dog like a dog: This may sounds a little mean, but it’s actually the nicest thing you can do to your dog.
Future Blogs and Videos
1. I’m not a dog whisperer
2. How to toilet train a cat
3. More “Think like a trainer” tips; Once I get to ten, I think I’ll stop.
4. Re-direction play method: For dogs with phobias, this method helps to re-direct their focus through attention, without giving them the wrong idea. In a dogs mind attention=praise or reward and we don’t want them thinking we’re rewarding their phobias.
5. Yep, he’s aggressive
6. More how to videos; clicker train your dog, Crate training, Teaching the “Down” and Go to bed. Just installed really cool editing software 10/22/09 can’t wait to put a video together. My other software, Cyberlink was good until I upgraded it, for more features (2 months ago), and all it did was freeze and crash.
If you would like to request something for me to write or make a video about, send me a comment. Please subscribe with just your email and you will be notified when I post something new.